Illustrated Bible Survey: An Introduction: by- ED Hindson & Elmer L. Towns
In this revised edition of Illustrated Bible Survey, ECPA Gold Medallion award winners Ed Hindson and Elmer Towns draw from a lifetime of teaching more than 100,000 students to introduce all the books of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Editors Hindson and Towns, as well as scholars from Liberty University provide quality evangelical scholarship, along with a passion to make the Scriptures come to life as they open windows of insight into the biblical text. This exciting survey highlights the key elements of the literature, history, archaeology, and wisdom of the biblical text with an eye on the practical application of its timeless truths, moral principles, and theological insights so desperately needed in today’s world.
- More than 200 full-color photographs, maps, charts, and illustrations
- Introductions to each book of the Bible, including background, date, author, outline, and message
- Introductory chapters on the themes of the Bible, how we got our Bible, and the people and places of the Bible
- Sidebars on the unique features, beneficial insights, and practical applications of biblical truths
- Study questions and recommended further reading
Based on more than thirty years of scholarly research and classroom teaching and ideally suited for undergraduate students, laymen, and pastors, this volume forwards a visually engaging, practical, readable, and insightful overview of God’s Word and its eternal message.