NKJV Chronological Study Bible: Hardbound (ISBN:9780718020682)
The Chronological Study Bible is the only study Bible that presents the text of the New King James Version in chronological order—the order in which the events actually happened—with notes, articles, and full-color graphics that connect the reader to the history and culture of Bible times and gives the reader a dramatic, “you are there” experience.
- The entire New King James Bible with translators’ notes, arranged in chronological order-the order in which the events and writings actually happened, for absorbing and effective Bible study
- Full-color illustrations of places, artifacts, and cultural phenomena that give you a dramatic, “you are there” experience
- Fascinating articles that connect the Bible text to world history and culture
- Daily Life Notes that explain how people lived in Bible times
- Epoch Introductions and Historical Overviews that provide vivid chronological context
- Transition Comments that set the stage and prepare you for the biblical text that follows
- “Time Capsules” of world history that accompany the Bible text
- Time Panels and Charts that show the flow of Bible history
- In-text and full-page color maps of the biblical world
- A handy scripture finder index that provides rapid access to any passage
- Topical Index and Glossary to facilitate study.
- Agriculture & Herding
- Architecture & Building
- Arts & Literature
- Beliefs & Ideas
- Cults & Supernatural
- Culture & Society
- Daily Life & Customs
- Food & Drink
- Geography & Environment
- Health & Medicine
- Marriage & Family
- Plants & Animals
- Politics & Government
- Religion & Worship
- Science & Technology
YOU ARE THERE! EXPLORE THE BIBLE EPOCHS:
- EPOCH I Before the Patriarchs, Creation – 2000 B.C.
- EPOCH 2 The Patriarchs, Israel’s Ancestors, 2000-1500 B.C.
- EPOCH 3 The Rise of a Unified People, 1500-1200 B.C.
- EPOCH 4 From Tribes to a Nation, 1200-930 B.C.
- EPOCH 5 The Fall of Two Nations, 930-586 B.C.
- EPOCH 6 Exile and Return, 586-332 B.C.
- EPOCH 7 Between the Two Testaments, 332-37 B.C.
- EPOCH 8 The Coming of the Messiah, 37 B.C. -A.D. 30
- EPOCH 9 The Church Age, A.D. 30-100