The Bible Knowledge Commentary(N.T. and O.T.)
Edited by John F. Walvoord and Roy B. Zuck, The Bible Knowledge Commentary features insightful exposition and commentary on the entire Bible from members of the distinguished Dallas Theological Seminary faculty. For commentary from the historical-grammatical and premillennial perspectives, it's hard to beat this commentary, and the commitment to scriptural inerrancy is unmatched. Thoroughly conservative and Evangelical, this commentary showcases what Dallas Theological Seminary has become world famous for, and offers all students of the Bible an insightful and applicable commentary.
Overview of the Bible Knowledge Commentary:
- Theologically conservative (Evangelical)
- Based on the New International Version (NIV)
- Mainly a section-by-section commentary, with a good amount of verse-by-verse commentary as well
- Non-technical (all original languages are transliterated)
- Designed for all Christian students and learners
- Introduction, outline, commentary and bibliography for each book of the Bible
- Explanations of problem passages, alleged discrepancies, customs, geographical locations, and key Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic words
- Numerous maps, charts and diagrams for easy reference
- A presentation of each book's argument, and how that book's purpose unfolds and develops
- Numerous cross-references to parallel topics and passages
There are no reviews yet.